2022-2023 New-Grad Entry Level Engineer Rotation Program (California/CCTP)
SkanskaLos Angeles, CA
Skanska Group uses knowledge & foresight to shape the way people live, work, and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we’re one of the world’s largest development and construction companies, with 2020 revenue totaling SEK 159 billion. We operate in select markets throughout the Nordics, Europe and the United States. Together with our customers and the collective expertise of our 32,000+ teammates, we create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime.
Skanska is seeking recent graduates in the field of Civil Engineering, Construction Management and similar disciplines for full-time employment in our Skanska USA Civil West Core Competency Training Program (CCTP) beginning in 2023.
The CCTP is not an internship; it is full-time employment in which the first two years are conducted as a formal rotational program designed to give entry-level engineers the opportunity to work in all areas of business which are critical to our success as a Best of Class Heavy Civil Contractor.
Individuals will complete a 24-month program consisting of 3 rotations of 6-9 months each. At the completion of all rotations, the employee is assigned to a position that is the best fit for both the employee and Skanska based on the employee’s individual strengths and ability to contribute to the company’s bottom line. The sequence of the rotations will be tailored to the company’s needs matched with the participant’s strengths, weaknesses and development progress.
Core business areas identified for rotations are:
- Office/Field Engineer
- Project/Cost Controls
The CCTP goes far beyond moving employees through different areas of our corporate structure. Each employee in the program is under the instruction and guidance of experienced personnel during this program. In addition, the highest level of management will follow each employee’s progress in order to develop our people in the shortest practical time into capable, productive managers, well versed in all aspects of our construction business.
What You’ll Do:
- Receive, review, forward and track status of submittals
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs
- Assist in management of project permit process
- Assist in preparations of bid packages and procurement
- Update construction schedule based on project team input, Trade Contractor progress and materials delivery
- Change management systems, including soliciting, receiving, reviewing, and preparing quotations and change orders
- Track and inspect material deliveries
- Compile reports regarding the financial performance of the project
- Assist in preparation of monthly owner project status reports, as required
- Attend and/or lead project meetings, as directed by Project/Department Manager and record meeting minutes
- Assist and/or complete project close-out
- Perform quantity take-off and other estimating or pre-construction duties as required
- Communicate and enforce Skanska Safety and Health Management Program
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others
- Plan, coordinate, supervise and direct all planning and direct all planning and scheduling activities.
- Provide development/implementation of project controls standards and procedures.
- Interface/maintain liaison with project management, owner, subcontractors, etc. while maintaining effective relationships
- Perform estimating or accounting activities
- Additional duties as required
We’re Looking for:
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of basic phases of construction projects
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specs
- Proficiency in mathematics functions (geometry, basic algebra, and basic accounting) is preferred
- Proficiency with computer programs such as MS Office suite, Outlook, AutoCAD, scheduling software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to deliver quality work within the expected timeframe
- Effective organizational skills
- Must be able to exercise positive and effective interpersonal skills in a diverse team environment
- Must be committed to complying with all company policies, practices and standards of performance
- Desire to pursue a long term career in the Heavy Civil Construction industry
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree in a field of study such as Construction Management; Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Civil Engineering or related fields.
Open to new graduates between December 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
Developing Your Career:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities, and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and group
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.