2023 Summer Internship (Heavy Civil Infrastructure)
Skanska Group uses knowledge & foresight to shape the way people live, work, and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we’re one of the world’s largest development and construction companies, with 2020 revenue totaling SEK 159 billion. We operate in select markets throughout the Nordics, Europe and the United States. Together with our customers and the collective expertise of our 32,000+ teammates, we create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime.
Skanska USA Civil West California District is looking for qualified intern candidates seeking to gain professional experience in the field of Heavy Civil Construction (transit, transportation, tunneling, bridge), Civil Engineering and Construction Management for the 2023 Summer Internship Program.
Summer internships are typically 12 -14 weeks in duration. Interns may work up to 40 hours per week. Internships will begin in May or June 2023 depending upon the location, assignment and intern availability.
Intern positions may include Office or Field Engineering, Cost Engineering, Electrical Engineering (specific to transit systems), Safety Engineering, Preconstruction and Estimating on a variety of Heavy Civil transportation and transit projects. .
Interns assist and support project or department supervisors by performing routine daily administrative and project related activities; gathers information and assists in coordination and completion of tasks.
What you’ll do:
- Be flexible, willing to learn and ask questions!
- Assist with coordination of project activities as directed (in office or on project site as need)
- Performs estimating or accounting activities as requested with assistance
- Attend project meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Conduct personal and program evaluation
- Prepare and present final presentation at close of internship What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of basic phases of construction projects.
- Knowledge of mathematics functions (geometry, basic algebra and basic accounting).
- Understanding of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook are preferred.
- Prior experience with computer programs such as AutoCAD, Blue-Beam or SharePoint may be helpful.
- Prior introduction or general understanding of plan/spec reading is a plus.
- Ability to perform work in a timely, professional and efficient manner while effectively communicating with co-workers, supervisors, clients, subcontractors and other third parties.
- Ability to present information, written or verbally, in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment, exercising effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to comply with all company policies, practices and standards of performance.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Qualified Intern candidates are typically full-time students enrolled at a college or university with junior or senior status who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a field of study such as Construction Management; Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Civil Engineering or related fields. Proof of student enrollment required.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.