Turner is a North America-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse and numerous market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
Turner recognizes the importance of innovation and fostering a culture of continuous improvement. A key element of our company vision is to develop and embrace emerging technologies and processes. As part of our effort to achieve this vision, Turner has a culture where employees share their ideas and engagement with one another to develop innovative ideas as well as evaluate and implement improvements at Turner.
- Provide professional customer service and positive interactions while providing administrative services to construction site project-based team.
- Process day-to-day administrative items; mail, overnight mailings, photocopying, filing, sending faxes, phone list updates, process invoices, and order business cards.
- Daily management of project calendar, meeting schedule, and project contacts. Process expense reports for Project Executive and/or Manager.
- Set up process and administer project-specific tools and materials, such as project calendar program, conference rooms, and parking/access cards.
- Prepare written correspondence for project staff (e.g., memos, emails, presentations, and other project-specific documents).
- Create and maintain project organizational and seating charts.
- Coordinate travel reservations, business accommodations, itineraries, and agendas.
- Organize project-related meetings (e.g., agenda, schedule, and logistics), assist with meetings, and record, transcribe, and distribute meeting minutes.
- Assist with general office inquiries from staff, clients, customers, and others; provide proactive escalation as appropriate.
- Embrace company culture, values, and Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DE&I) activities.
- In collaboration with Project Manager, establish and maintain protocols for project site visitors.
- Promote right environment through professional interactions with owners, project team management, Joint Venture Partners, and vendors.
- Provide support ad hoc requests related to various onsite technical issues affecting work productivity (e.g., Internet access, copier issues) or coordinate with Information Systems (IS) team as needed.
- Conduct project specific orientation and transitions for project staff.
- Maintain organized project filing system and coordinate document retrieval schedules.
- Order supplies to support project office needs.
- Contribute new ideas for continuous improvement and effectiveness of Administrative Services (AS) team within project and share recommendations with overall job family.
- Assist with special projects and coordinate events.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and minimum of 3 years of relevant administrative assistant experience in construction, or other related industry, required
- College degree and/or relevant administrative skills certification, a plus
- High degree of detail, accuracy, and organizational skills
- Maintain confidential information
- Work with some direction and oversight, and as part of team
- Approachable, proactive, positive, and professional attitude
- Professional verbal communication and written business communication skills
- Able to conduct research and proofread
- Exhibit active listening skills and follow through on commitments
- Good judgment to solve problems, escalate issues, and request prioritization of responsibilities
- Proficient computer and data entry skills, Microsoft suite of applications, collaborative meeting platforms, and general office equipment
- Commissioned Notary Public, a plus
We offer competitive wages plus benefits and 401(k).