Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934 owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process, piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility, or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant…ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs.
This position is responsible for producing CAD drawings in accordance with company standards, client requirements, and project deadlines.
- Develop computer generated drawings utilizing Bluebeam, AutoCAD and Revit: plans, sections, details, schedules, and diagrams
- Computer model 2D and 3D HVAC (duct and pipe), plumbing, process pipe, controls, and electrical systems
- Identify drawing problems, spatial conflicts, and interferences
- Plot and assemble drawings, reports and other project documents
- Arrange for and expedite outside reproduction services
- Manage time to meet project schedules and task deadlines
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues and project team members
- Assist Engineers and Detailer in setting up computer generated drawings through AutoCAD, Revit and Bluebeam
- Plot drawing sets
- Download and upload CAD files
- Draw and update plans based on redline mark-ups from Engineers and Project Managers
- Communicate effectively and work with other members of the design team
- Attend meetings with client or Project Group/Engineering representatives when necessary
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
Education And Experience
- Prior CAD experience completing designs in primarily AutoCAD 2010-2015, Revit and Bluebeam.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience from a college or trade school, or applicable work experience.
- Industrial background should be from an HVAC or sheet metal/piping construction discipline
- Ability to work to deadlines without requiring constant supervision.
- Proficient basic computer software skills (Windows Explorer, Word, Excel, Gmail)
- Working knowledge and/or experience with AutoCAD, Navisworks, Bluebeam, or Revit software is preferred
- Construction and building industry background preferred