CalPortland Construction is a best-in-class industry leader with a rich 128-year history, the largest building materials contributor to some the West's biggest construction projects including LA International Airport, Rams Stadium, Staples Center, Wilshire Grand Center. CalPortland Construction is the recipient of numerous awards for environmental sustainability and energy conservation, a family based company culture with a focus on safety. CalPortland Construction offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
CalPortland is seeking a foreman to closely coordinate with subordinates, subcontractors, the public, General Superintendent, Project Managers, and Owners’ representatives for the precise execution of daily operations and overall project success. Pre-planning of operations is required including coordination with all stakeholders, presenting a thorough daily safety meeting, and directing and executing operations as required.
Responsibilities for this position and required skills include:
- Class C license
- Grade checking capabilities
- Excavation, shoring, and confined-space trained
- Pipe laying expertise and testing of water, sewer and storm drain systems
- Prior experience successfully managing excavation, grading, and underground wet utilities
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Complete, compile, oversee and submit various paperwork related to safety, equipment, reports, etc.
- Digital timecard and diary entry (company training provided)
- Personnel management and accountability
- Must be able to work in a safety-conscious manner following all company policies, jobsite requirements and established laws
- Prepare and execute the bidding and estimating functions of projects, including preparation of bid instructions, pre-bid meetings, and subcontractor buy-out.
- Represent company ideals and performance through accuracy and commitment to project success.