CalPortland Construction is a best-in-class industry leader with a rich 128-year history, the largest building materials contributor to some the West's biggest construction projects including LA International Airport, Rams Stadium, Staples Center, Wilshire Grand Center. CalPortland Construction is the recipient of numerous awards for environmental sustainability and energy conservation, a family based company culture with a focus on safety. CalPortland Construction offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
CalPortland is seeking a candidate able to skillfully perform the duties of an asphalt raker and laborer.
Responsibilities for this position and required skills include:
- Class C license
- Grade checking capabilities
- Ability to dump bottom hoppers for windrow paving
- Ability to use straight edge for freeway applications
- Reliable attendance
- Work independently and within a team
- Prior experience working in a heavy civil construction environment.
- Prior traffic control experience preferred
- Must be able to work in a safety-conscious manner