Turner recognizes the importance of innovation and fostering a culture of continuous improvement. A key element of our company vision is to develop and embrace emerging technologies and processes. As part of our effort to achieve this vision, Turner has a culture where employees share their ideas and engagement with one another to develop innovative ideas as well as evaluate and implement improvements at Turner.
Collaborate with business unit leadership in development, management, and implementation of programs and initiatives and ensure alignment with business unit goals and Community and Citizenship strategic pillars.
Essential Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable of business unit (BU) goals and Community and Citizenship (C&C) strategic pillars to assist in development and implementation of C&C programs and initiatives.
- Work in conjunction with Procurement Department to:
- Communicate Underrepresented Business Enterprise (UBE) programs to increase employee awareness and participation.
- Maintain records of prime subcontractors’ UBE commitments and report goal utilization metrics.
- Compile and maintain business unit directory and certification log of potential UBE bidders.
- Attend outreach events to build relationships with external organizations to promote opportunities for diverse subcontractors and suppliers.
- Collaborate with project staff to track first and second tier UBE participation on projects for metrics reporting.
- Assist with development, coordination, data gathering, and report generation of educational programs and other initiatives in support of UBE advancement and of Youth and community service activities.
- Attend events and meetings with local, community, Federal, State, and City organizations that support and promote UBE programs, and Diversity and Inclusion within Trades.
- Research local social and economic issues and trends in support of Community & Citizenship plans.
- Support Business Development processes and provide relevant information to assist in sales pursuits.
- On projects with Workforce Development goals, assist project teams to establish plan to track and monitor diverse and local residents within Trades. work with multiple project teams
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in community outreach (4+ years)
- Experience with non-profit organizations highly preferred
- Experience in Marketing (campaigns & social media outreach)
- Passion for community-based programs with current or past volunteerism or other community experience
- Skilled at planning, reporting, and scheduling
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and timely documentation
- Resourceful, problem-solving skills, and data analysis
- Effective business verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in non-structured environment, with minimal oversight, take direction without continuous follow-up, and
- Approachable, proactive, and professional attitude
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft suite of applications, with intermediate Excel skills, database applications, calendar program skills, and collaboration technology
- Minimal travel