Los Medanos College
Los Medanos College is seeking to hire one part-time Construction/Pre-Apprenticeship instructor to assist in program design in the fall 2019 and spring 2020 semesters and to teach beginning in the fall 2020 semester. The classes to be taught are under development and will feature the North America's Building Trades Unions (NABTU) Multi-Craft Core Curriculum (MC3) and a companion hands-on lab course.
- Development of instructional strategies and materials necessary to deliver information contained in MC3 lecture and lab Course Outlines of Record (COOR).
- Recruitment, scheduling and coordination of Professional Experts assigned to specific skills instruction presented during hands-on lab course(s), i.e. carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, sheet metal, roofing, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.