Quietly setting the stage, ISEC constructs functional and beautiful architectural surroundings. Our craftsmanship is there amidst the cheers of fans in hometown stadiums, framing joyful reunions in airports across the country, and surrounding parents as they welcome their newborn in expertly outfitted hospital rooms. We invest the time and commitment to deliver world-class facilities. We got our start in 1967 providing furniture and athletic equipment, and quickly expanded into the healthcare and laboratory industries. By 1970 we extended our Colorado roots into Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. By 1990, our expertise in high-profile, mega-woodwork projects further propelled us into prominence. Now with 9 regional offices and over 1,500 talented team members, we continue to exceed craftsmanship and business standards with a long history of excellence, sound project management skills, unwavering partnerships, financial stability, exemplary attention to detail and commitment to your project.
The Project Engineer/ Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting the Project Manager with administrative duties associated with the project, material releases, vendor follow-up, coding invoices for A/P, routine correspondence, field dimensioning, change orders, submittals and labor and delivery schedules.
*Please note this PE supports a Commercial Construction Project Manager. This is not a structural, civil, or electrical engineer position.*
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development, preparation, and finalization of project schedule.
- Responsible for procuring and submitting all project submittal information as well as managing the approval process.
- Responsible for assisting with the administration of the subcontract requirements, contract documents, and change orders.
- Coordinate communications and correspondences from owners, general contractors, and subcontractors.
- Ensure project quality control procedures are followed during construction process, in accordance with the contract documents and ISEC policies and procedures.
- Responsible for job closeout being performed in a proper and efficient manner, while keeping the Project Manager informed.
- Assist in resolution of conflicts with clients and customers.
- Record all applicable information in Project Control/Document Control System with target dates for completion of tasks.
- Review Job Costs with Project Manager.
- Manage shop drawings through project specification, general contractor review, and final installation to the field. Follow up with internal and external customers on shop drawing changes and schedule changes or delays.
- Release material in a timely manner and coordinate deliveries.
- Visits jobsites as needed; understands jobsite environment and reviews jobsite progress
- Maintain a Shortage and Breakage Log and reorder material as necessary.
- Prepare operation and maintenance manuals, guarantees and submit in accordance with specification requirements on each project.
- Assist Project Manager in preparing monthly billings, cost projection and weekly logs
Manage and implement ISEC Safety requirements:
- Promote a positive atmosphere for safety excellence committed to the Safety Promise.
- Coach employees who need improvement and assign work to only those employees trained and qualified to perform the task.
- Ensure all recognized safety deficiencies are promptly corrected.
- Report all injuries and incidents to Managers and Safety Department.
- Planning and coordinating deliveries to the job following safe and best practices.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.