Construction / DoD Skillbridge Intern
Gilbane Building CompanySan Jose, CA
At GILBANE Building Company we recognize the commitment, ethics and values our Military Men and Women have developed and lived in support of our Nation. The military characteristics you possess are highly attractive and align with our GILBANE values. GILBANE is one of the largest privately held family-owned Construction and Real Estate Development firms in the industry. We have more than 45 Office locations in the United States and Globally, and countless project locations.
We have many opportunities for Construction Interns supporting our client project in San Jose, California. The Construction Intern is responsible for assisting Project Staff on a construction management project or in the district office. We believe a successful internship as a Construction Intern can prepare you for a lengthy career as a construction professional, Superintendent, Project Engineer or Project Manager. Interested Service Members that prefer another location should apply here as well. GILBANE has opportunities all across the United States.
Interns learn Gilbane’s construction methods and practices through work assignments on a job site team, assisting project engineering, accounting and superintending staff with daily duties.
- Manage project document flow
- Take progress photos of jobsite
- Review and approve submittals
- Submit RFIs
- Handle change management process
- Participate in business unit office activities including orientation program, training sessions and peer group meetings
- Communicate Effectively – Listen to understand and clearly convey information in all forms based on the audience to ensure shared meaning of the message
- Act Inclusively – Ensure that actions and behaviors are respectful; show empathy and treat others with dignity. Leverage capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse perspectives, abilities and motivation.
- Solve Problems – Identify, prioritize and implement alternatives for a solution.
- Demonstrate Agility/ Adaptability – Maintain effectiveness and adjust to change by exploring the rationale, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Create an atmosphere of open-mindedness to change.
- Drive for Results – Show passion and commitment while delivering on business outcomes. Create a sense of individual ownership and accountability.
- Champion Innovation – Identify opportunities for new and improved ways of doing things that result in value added, unique and differentiated solutions.
- Must be in an active-duty component of the U.S. military
- Must be within 180 days of separation or retirement from the US military.
- Must be able to obtain Command (0-4 above) approval for participation in a Skillbridge/Army Career Skills Program Internship.
- Previous trades or construction experience is desirable, but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.