McCarthy Building Companies
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is one of America's premier commercial construction companies. Our reputation for tackling the toughest building challenges starts with our focus on building high-performing teams that collaborate with clients and industry partners starting in the earliest stages of design, throughout construction and beyond project completion. With offices and employees nationwide, we specialize in a wide range of project types including healthcare, education, renewable energy, marine, water/wastewater, commercial office and retail, hospitality/entertainment and airports. Originally founded as a family business in 1864, today we are proud to be 100 percent employee-owned.
McCarthy is currently accepting applications for Union Laborers with experience on large construction jobsites. The Laborer role is essential and assists the project team in ensuring timely and successful completion of construction projects.
- Maintain a clean job site- pick up tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards
- Set up and take down ladders, scaffolding and other temporary structures
- Load/unload trucks and haul/hoist materials
- May assist with controlling traffic
- Assist carpenters and other trade
- Member of the Laborers Union
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used on commercial construction projects
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Proof of Identity and Employment Authorization