At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 120-year history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
- Procure bid documents: Obtain plans and specifications from Owner/Agency.
- Work closely with the Estimators to determine what the bid requirements are for individual projects.
- Maintain bid schedule for the estimating team.
- Conduct Good Faith Effort documentation when required. This includes letter writing, posting advertisements, outreaching to subcontractors and keeping detailed documentation of all outreach efforts.
- Bid Preparation: Process includes preparing the bid package and corresponding with our bonding and insurance companies to make sure all project requirements can be met.
- Bid Running: Contract Administrator will be responsible for physically submitting bid package to Owner/Agency when necessary.
- Review Contract Agreements and obtain necessary bonds, insurance and authorized signatures on all required documentation related to a Prime Contract.
- Generate, issue and administer Subcontract Agreements. This includes reviewing all correspondence concerning Subcontracts and responding as necessary.
- Maintain subcontract status databases.
- Prepare prequalification packages to be submitted to Owner/Agency.
- Prepare and file preliminary notices on private contracts.
- Prepare and distribute preliminary information forms.
- Prepare and distribute EEO letters to signatory unions.
- Gather all necessary documentation to prepare job books for each project.
- Facilitate the execution of change orders and ensure that executed copies are routed to project team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job.
- 2 or more years’ experience collecting, analyzing and interpreting data, preferably in a Construction or Manufacturing environment.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, specifically needing Advanced skills with:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Viewpoint Software or an equivalent ERP system is preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Must be self-motivated, intellectually curious and enjoy working with a diverse group of people
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Most time spent in an indoor office environment
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Pushing/pulling of file cabinets
- Extended visual use of a computer screen
- Frequent typing
- Occasional travel