Myers and Sons Construction
Myers and Sons Construction is a heavy construction company. The company focuses on concrete construction, including bridge work, concrete overlays, concrete paving, water treatment plants, pump stations as well as other concrete related projects and both for Caltrans and other public agencies. Myers and Sons Construction was founded and is managed by C.C. Myers. Myers and Sons is also part of the Sterling Construction Company group of families. For more information on our company please visit www.myers-sons.com
We are currently looking for a Director of Safety. This position will be based in Sacramento and will oversee all aspects of the company’s safety and health programs.
– Maintain Safety and Health Program that meets or exceeds corporate minimum requirements.
– Create, communicate, and identify opportunities for improvements in Corporate Safety Program.
– Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate all Pre-Construction Safety Planning Meetings and acting as a resource for field operations with federal, state, and local occupational safety and health requirements.
– Maintain all administrative tasks related to specific safety documentation/filing system, etc. including OSHA recordkeeping, management reports, etc.
– Review and approve all Subcontractors Site Specific Safety Programs and Job Hazard Analysis prior to Subcontractor mobilization.
– Conduct regularly scheduled site evaluations, follow up and tracking of corrections to deficiencies
– Periodically attend superintendent meetings and monitor Tool Box Talks/Discussions to assure documentation and quality
– Perform root cause and incident investigation techniques when required – including collection of safety and health standard incident reporting forms and documentation.
– Provide and documentation safety related training for the employees.
– Assist with safety related inspections, compliance reviews, insurance provider reviews/audits, and other federal, state, or local agency reviews/inquiries.
– Travel required.
– Oversee and manage Regional Safety Managers
– Review and make determinations on small claims submitted to the company from the general public or owner entities
– 10 years of work experience in the field of Construction Health and Safety.
– Experience at a Manager/Director level or Regional Manager.
– Understanding, building, and maintain a safety culture
– Working knowledge of applicable Federal and State Safety and Health Regulations
– OSHA Outreach Trainer for the Construction Industry, CHST, and/or Certified Safety Professional certification is desired
– Bilingual in Spanish (read, write, and speak) is a plus
Competitive salary depending on experience. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more.