McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is the oldest privately held national construction company in the country. We are a 100% employee-owned top 10 ENR company with the goal of being the best builder in America. Unlike many firms of our size, we are true builders; a fact which our clients appreciate since they continually come to us with their most complex building challenges. We provide general contracting, construction management, design-build and self-perform service nationwide. The firm has full-service offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Las Vegas, St. Louis, San Diego, Newport Beach, San Francisco and Sacramento and has built in nearly every state with projects ranging in size from $1 million to $1 billion
- Program Management: Manage the regional community outreach and supplier diversity program activities in alignment with national diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy.
- Promote Inclusive Culture: Partner across the organization to include all departments and employees in the outreach, inclusion, and community engagement process. Create and implement learning and development strategy to ensure all partners are knowledgeable of McCarthy’s Community Outreach and Inclusion Program, best practices, and business case.
- Own the Business Deal: Work with Business Unit Leader, VP Ops, Pre-Construction Director, Marketing and Business Development to develop initial strategy for project pursuits and inclusion goals. The director will establish McCarthy’s Community Outreach and Diversity Program as a differentiator.
- Project Oversight: Provide leadership and support to project teams to achieve inclusion goals. The Director will manage this process through internal programming, knowledge of owner goals/requirements, goal tracking, recovery plans, communication and outreach strategies, and other best practices. Additionally, the Director will build and maintain a trusting and collaborative relationship with owner stakeholders with an emphasis on delivering an exceptional client experience.
- Communication: Partner with marketing to develop engaging content that supports key DEI messages and business objectives internally and externally to support the regional brand position
- Market Presence: Represent the business by participating on boards and committees and providing thought leadership to key organizations within the region such as Association of General Contractors, Associated Builders and Contractors, National Minority Supplier Development Council, National Association of Minority Contractors, etc.
- Partner Development: Partner with cross functional teams to manage technical capacity building program, mentor protégé relationships, other trade partner development programs, and pipeline development (increasing pool of small and diverse firms)
- Embody the Values of McCarthy: Be the lead in representing McCarthy and its values to all project stakeholders, internal and external, including establishing and promoting a positive image of McCarthy within the community.
- 10 years of experience in community outreach and supplier diversity.
- Specific experience with supplier/subcontractor relations and diversity outreach within a geographical market.
- Solid knowledge of community outreach and supplier diversity best practices and industry trends.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction process.
- Strong ability to analyze data, produce reports and track metrics
- Track record of success in engaging business leaders and vendors on diversity initiatives.
- Ability to build and maintain trust-based relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Strong relationships with Diversity leaders within market sectors.
- Strong business acumen (financially and operationally).
- Demonstrated collaborative team leadership and team building characteristics.
- Ability to influence at senior levels in organizations (peers, customers, partners and within and outside of the company).
- Excellent communication skills; good listener, written communication and presentation skills.
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.