At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry. We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. PCL is a dynamic organization that embraces innovation and continually looks ahead to what’s next for our industry and for our employees.
- Performs and applies quantity takeoffs of project drawings
- Manages contract progress, reporting, and change management.
- Maintains contract with more complex subcontracted scopes and subcontract administration, including defining work scope, answering inquiries, and monitoring progress.
- Reviews and understands broader contract obligations as per the responsible project and work scopes. Assists site manager in project start-up activities.
- Participates in reviews of subcontractors’ submittals for compliance with scope, design documentation, and coordination with other disciplines against the design documentation prior to forwarding to the design team for their review.
- Assists with site inspection by the design team for installation deficiencies.
- Ability to identify potential risks on project scopes and/or the project.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree electrical engineering preferred or a degree in construction management, engineering, architecture preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 2 plus years of construction experience in an operational role preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, project health, safety, environment (HSE), quality, building materials, and required standards as per subject area.
- Ability to apply basic engineering/problem-solving principles to construction challenges.
- Verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize own work, and direct-report tasks.
- Able to create and lead schedules a comprehensive scale.