Rosendin is an employee-owned electrical contractor. With revenues approaching $2 billion, Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 7,000 people. For more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company. For more information, visit https://www.rosendin.com/.
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your experience and work with amazing people who will support your growth? If you're ready to work on fast paced projects with one of the largest electrical contractors in the nation, then we want to hear from you. Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED which means you have the opportunity to be a company owner. It's one of the best places to grow your career and work along side of people who care about great work and supporting one another. For more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Engineer I is responsible for providing technical engineering design, consultation, information and assistance to internal and external customers under direct supervision to insure that project complies with all engineering standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Designers and CAD staff assigned to your work or team.
- Review, comment and process equipment and system submittals.
- Perform coordination between architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, process and all electrical trades.
- Prepare designs, check, and specify power, lighting and auxiliary systems.
- Prepare power system single line diagrams, to include feeder and over current protection sizing, equipment elevations.
- Conduct short circuit and over current protection device coordination studies.
- Coordinate your work with the project specifications or equipment buy-out.
- Visit job sites of remodel projects to field survey existing electrical conditions.
- Utilize engineering analysis programs and professional judgment to analyze loads, lighting levels, short circuit currents under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Conduct value engineering functions.
- Attend project design team meetings. Interface with various team members, particularly the client, architect, and mechanical contractor/engineer.
- Work closely with the Rosendin Operations Project Manager to coordinate the design criteria with budgetary issues.
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Review plans and technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Work on the design and on-going progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with other team members.
- Assist the Senior Engineer during construction with field observations, design interpretations and design updates
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architectural engineering, or construction sciences
- Engineering-In-Training certification from the National Council of Engineering Examiners (NCEES)
- Possesses a LEED-AP accreditation from the US Green Building Council or secures one during their time of employment, no less than 2 years from the date of hire.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Fluency in Engineering Analytic programs for short circuit, over current coordination, and arc flash mitigation programs, e.g. SKM, E-Tap, etc.
- Working knowledge of codes, and energy efficiency requirements
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs