Engineer Intern (San Diego)
Granite ConstructionCarlsbad, CA
From infrastructure that facilitates the movement of goods and people to projects that improve the way we live, work, and play, high-value partnerships power our projects and fuel our mission to build a better world together. Granite is one of the largest full-service general contractors, construction management firms, and construction materials producers in the U.S. Deeply embedded in our nearly 100-year history is a culture of hard work, honesty and getting the job done right.
This position is responsible for assisting construction engineering operations to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Interpret design/drawings for takeoff and workforce for bidding and building construction projects.
- Prepare and distribute all required documentation such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, to supervisor.
- Provide technical support and direction regarding project materials meeting specifications, delivery dates and construction schedules.
- Assist with change orders and estimates by preparing drawing and sketches to support estimating and construction work to meet changing job requirements.
- Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs and material pricing to ensure accurate estimates and bids.
- Maintain accurate records of quantities for work performed and materials installed for cost controls on construction projects.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED and be working towards a bachelor’s degree
Field of Study
- Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, of technical training and related experience
- 0 – 2 years construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to perform trigonometric calculation either manually or with a calculator.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to abide by Company’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.