Turner recognizes the importance of innovation and fostering a culture of continuous improvement. A key element of our company vision is to develop and embrace emerging technologies and processes. As part of our effort to achieve this vision, Turner has a culture where employees share their ideas and engagement with one another to develop innovative ideas as well as evaluate and implement improvements at Turner.
Position Description: Involved in engineering and administration of projects, in the Special Projects Division (SPD) or in other Business Unit departments.
Reports To: Project Engineer, Engineer, Project Manager, Project Superintendent or other department head
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Assist in obtaining and reviewing information and approvals for processing of shop drawings, product data and samples. Assist in the communication of this information across all levels of the project team.
- Assist in managing other aspects of communication including submission and responses for Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Assist in preparing estimates for changes in the work including review of Change Order requests from subcontractors.
- Study contract drawings, specifications and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of contract documents, electronic web-based documents and project logs.
- Distribute information required for construction to appropriate parties.
- Assist engineering to ensure that materials and equipment are released for fabrication or manufacture in time to meet the construction schedule.
- Assist in the preparation of final records for the project including close-out documents, Operations/Maintenance (OM) Manuals, etc.
- If assigned to another Business Unit department, will perform the requisite duties and responsibilities.
- *May perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum of four years of college graduating between September 2020 and August 2020 with formal engineering or architectural training or equivalent building construction experience and summer internship/co-op experience in construction highly desirable. Knowledge of general contract, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications also desirable. Must have good interpersonal and teamwork skills, desire to learn, ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing. Should be proficient with computer applications as required to perform responsibilities.