Entry Level Estimator
Skanska uses knowledge & foresight to shape the way people live, work, and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we’re one of the world’s largest development and construction companies. We operate in select markets throughout the Nordics, Europe and the United States. Skanska in the U.S. is headquartered in New York City with 30 offices around the country. In 2021, construction in the U.S. generated $6.4 billion in revenue, and as a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $3 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. Together with our customers and the collective expertise of our 7,300+ teammates in the U.S. and 30,000+ globally, we create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime.
The Estimating Engineer must be able to meet critical deadlines and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Has a basic understanding of:
- Contract Awareness : Reviews the client’s prime contract as well as subcontracts and vendor agreements to ensure contract requirements are satisfied.
- Plans and Specifications – Estimating: Reads and interprets construction plans and the technical specifications that enable the ability to perform estimating duties.
- Quantification – Estimating: Identifies and quantifies construction elements, materials, and temporary works for elements of a project using design documents. Organizes quantity takeoffs for ease of review and pricing.
Has limited understanding of:
- Subcontractor / Supplier Selection Process: Prepares scopes of work for subcontractor/supplier, develops bid packages, conducts analysis interviews and comparisons, selects and negotiates with subcontractor/supplier and prepares contract. Partners with operations to implement project procurement plans.
- Logistical Planning – Estimating: Develops, approves, and communicates construction logistics plans (e.g., access, staging, traffic handling, third party coordination, work rules), ensuring there is an appropriate transfer to the appropriate stakeholder.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works to achieve operational targets within job area, which has some impact on the overall achievement of results for the department.
- Work is of limited scope, typically on smaller, less complex projects or task-related activities. Work is closely supervised.
Innovation and Complexity:
- Responsible for making minor changes in systems and processes to solve problems.
- Identifies, defines, and addresses problems within the job area that are not immediately evident but typically not complex. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences or standard procedures and basic analysis.
Communication and Influence:
- Communicates with contacts typically within the department on matters that involve obtaining or providing information requiring some explanation or interpretation in order to reach agreement.
Leadership and Talent Management:
- Focuses on developing and growing within role.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management / Civil Engineering / Math or equivalent experience and minimum 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
Annual Salary Ranges: $68,770 to $80,000
Apply Today for Immediate Consideration!
Skanska is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or citizenship status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristics under federal, state, or local law.
Skanska Equal Employment Opportunity
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.