SkanskaLos Angeles, CA
Skanska uses knowledge & foresight to shape the way people live, work, and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we’re one of the world’s largest development and construction companies. We operate in select markets throughout the Nordics, Europe and the United States. Skanska in the U.S. is headquartered in New York City with 30 offices around the country. In 2021, construction in the U.S. generated $6.4 billion in revenue, and as a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $3 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. Together with our customers and the collective expertise of our 7,300+ teammates in the U.S. and 30,000+ globally, we create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime.
The Environmental Coordinator will report to the Environmental Manager and will provide environmental support and technical assistance to project teams and be an excellent role model for Skanska and subcontractor personnel, support project teams in identifying and providing solutions for environmental hazards. The Environmental Coordinator is someone typically 3-6 years in the field and will be responsible for the integration of environmental services into the business practices and compliance with regulatory requirements. This individual must be a flexible and adaptable team player, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
Has limited understanding of:
- Building and Construction Knowledge – EHS : Applies building and construction knowledge to properly assess all EH&S risks and exposures during all phases of the project progression.
- Recordkeeping: Receives, tracks and maintains all environmental related documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works to achieve operational targets with significant impact on departmental results.
- Works independently under limited supervision.
- May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
Innovation and Complexity:
- Responsible for making improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Problems and issues faced typically impact multiple departments or specialties and require detailed information
- gathering, drawing from prior experience, analysis and investigation to understand and solve.
Communication and Influence:
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function as well as with parties external to the organization (eg, customers, vendors, etc.)
- Influences parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, procedures, and practices.
Communication and Influence:
- Communicates with contacts typically within the department on matters that involve obtaining or providing information requiring some explanation or interpretation in order to reach agreement.
Leadership and Talent Management:
- Focuses on developing and growing within role.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or Environmental Studies or closely related field and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Preferred Certifications: Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP), Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP)
- Ability to obtain Qualified SWPPP Developer (QSD) Certification within 6 months of hire date
- Ability to manage SWPPP and Environmental Consultants
- Experience: Understanding Caltrans Plans, SWPPP and WPCP Forms, Specifications and Recordkeeping
- Experience: Collecting field samples of stormwater for pH and turbidity
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.