Field Engineer Intern- Summer 2023
Dragados USA, Inc.Selma, CA
Dragados is a member of ACS Group’s Construction Division. ACS Group has earned worldwide recognition as an expert in the promotion, development, construction and management of infrastructures and services.
- Assist with evaluation of field conditions and acceptance testing
- Support quality assurance and quality control engineering materials testing
- Review project drawings and coordinate any design changes
- Review shop drawings for accuracy and completeness
- Provide document control assistance for correspondence, submittals, and design releases
- Perform quantity tracking and productivity analysis for maximization of operation efficiency
- Assist with preparing and updating project schedule and interact will all involved in scheduling decision processes
- Manage subcontractors field operations and verify contract payments
- Provide design assistance to the project engineer for the design of temporary structures using computer aided design tools
- Respond to field for design clarification
- Executes other duties and responsibilities as needed
- Performs quantity takeoffs.
- Assists in procurement of permanent material and consumables.
- Assists with coordination of field manpower and equipment.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Civil Engineering or Construction Management Bachelor’s degree program.
- A basic understanding of the working concepts of Heavy Civil/Tunnel/Bridge/Highway projects from start to finish – bidding process through project close out.
- Ability to understand basic project components and analyze schematics such as engineering drawings and specs; estimates, change orders, and schedules.
- Strong technical skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.