Field/Office Engineer – Southern California District
KIEWITLos Angeles, CA
Kiewit’s Southern California District is one of Kiewit’s leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil projects that include earth moving, water/wastewater, transportation, roadways, and power projects. Most of our work is concentrated in the Southern California region.
As a Field Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building “the next big thing” from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make make a difference in our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
- Field Operations: Interpret drawings and specifications for field crews and craft, prepare work plans and work packages, order and schedule material deliveries
- Office Engineering: Perform takeoffs from drawings, generating change orders reviewed by Project Manager, provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
- Estimating: Review and analyze data relative to the project, complete plans and specification reviews for projects, assist with the preparation of a bid
- Ability to travel and relocate as needed
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering, construction management or related degree
- Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
Other common names for this role: Office Engineer, Engineer 1, Engineer I
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
- May work at various different locations and conditions may vary
Base Compensation: $53,000 – $86,000
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.