Flatiron Construction is more than a construction company. We are an organization of some 3,500 people with diverse backgrounds and varied expertise who share a singular focus on enhancing the well-being of people and communities. We bring together industry-leading engineers, highly skilled craft workers and other professionals to deliver innovative solutions to infrastructure challenges across the U.S. and Canada. Flatiron builds highways, bridges, airports, rail transit, dams, water facilities and underground projects that fuel local economies, improve safety and enhance efficiency. Flatiron engineers harness the art and science of structural design to create solutions that are as beautiful as they are functional. Our craft employees and on-site leaders bring vital experience to each project to turn vision into reality. And our project leaders collaborate with project owners to deliver solutions that meet challenging criteria—safely—while at the same time mitigating risk for all those involved. Beyond safely delivering outstanding projects, Flatiron people demonstrate a commitment to ongoing learning, sustainability, our clients and partners, and the communities where we live and work. We build careers. We hire and advance the best engineers, craft workers and other professionals in our industry.
Reporting to LINXS’s Inclusivity Manager, this position will use virtual technology and data analysis to support the inclusivity team members in coordinating, monitoring effectives, reporting, and interpreting data to understand efficiency of the LINXS Training Institute of Los Angeles (LA).
Responsibilities for this position and required skills include:
- Assist with Virtual Platform coordination needs on Zoom, GoToMeeting, or WebEx
- Promote the curriculum sessions and tracking of attendee data obtained.
- Work with the Inclusivity Team members assigned to the various tracks to meet track objective for administrative support
- Monitor and analyze session attendance either virtually and/or in person – build Institute Excel database for tracking and documentation on each of the tracks
- Assist with administrative support of event coordination lead by the Inclusivity team lead for Workforce, Business or Youth
- Make phone calls or emails to confirm event registrants and document
- Gather and analyze data obtained from surveys regarding program participants’ experience by compiling feedback and analyzing the results to createaz charts
- Perform and support outreach efforts virtually of physically for all tracks, virtual waiting room management, and also assist with other outreach efforts as needed for LINXS inclusivity needs for certified firm inclusion/business, workforce, or youth engagement
- Produce data reports both qualitative and quantitative demonstrating the Institute’s progress, successes, and areas for improvement
- Assist with Inclusivity tracking of Letters of Assent (LOA) and Pre-Job Conferences and other pertinent project related Inclusivity documents
- Assist with meeting documentation or compiling minutes, as requested
- Compile and analyze survey data qualitative and quantitative, as needed
- Work with the Workforce team to assist with staffing the quarterly Construction Career Network (CCN) meetings and work with the Youth Coordinator to provide supportive administrative services as needed for the virtual Youth Engagement Summit, presentations at foster youth programs and also recently incarcerated individuals.
- As possible, assist with properly obtaining needed Inclusivity Photo Release Form tracking and documentation.
- Ability to research and learn new technology platforms that would assist the Inclusivity team in maximizing virtual inclusion and outreach.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- 5+ years related administrative experience on a construction project required.
- AA degree required, BA degree preferred
- Experience using and navigating Virtual Platforms like Zoom, WebEx, Go To Meetings
- Proficiency using MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to prepare reports in MSOffice
- Proficiency with both qualitative and quantitative data analyses
- Experience and understanding of the diverse needs in working with greater Los Angeles area and its community resources
- Experience in working within a team to compile monthly reporting and contract deliverable tracking preferred
- Must communicate well and be proactive in meeting deliverables
- Proven experience managing multiple scopes of work to meet deadlines
- Experience in working with a large group with multiple stakeholders a mutual goal
- Familiar with construction inclusivity and working in a diverse community, preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to assist the Inclusivity Manager with other duties as assigned
- Friendly disposition and customer service attitude required.
- Knowledge of construction support services
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at a given time to meet contract requirements
Benefits for this position include:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program