At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
• Assisting the HSE Professional with inspections and incidental investigations
• Managing documents (ie. data entry, SMC entries, taking minutes, filing etc.)
• Assisting with the orientation of new employees
• Developing of training materials
• Reviewing paperwork (ie. PSI, tailgate meetings, safework procedure, trend analysis)
• Monitoring and maintaining the environmental program
• Recognizing and following PCL and local legislative requirements
• Analyzing site-specific trends and incidents and reporting findings to district
• Gathering/reviewing/distributing safety-related statistical information
• Interpreting, communicating, and reinforcing project safety standards to workforce
• Working toward Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
• Working toward safety designation.
• Ability to learn applicable OH&S, environmental legislation and HSE processes.
• Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve conflicts with craft workers.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
• Ability to effectively problem solve.
• Ability to learn construction processes and terminology.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite with a strong aptitude for adopting new technology.
• Willing to relocate to Southern California