Flatiron is part of one of the world's largest leading construction groups, delivering complex infrastructure projects in Canada and the United States. We operate in the transportation infrastructure, energy infrastructure and social/urban infrastructure segments as well as in the contract mining business. We specialize in roads, bridges, rail, airports, dams, industrial, water and underground projects from common to complex, large-scale jobs. Achieving successful projects under a variety of contracting methods, Flatiron has unparalleled design-build and public-private partnership experience and expertise.
What You Will Be Doing
- Identifies, documents and resolves onsite safety risks or discrepancies during daily site walks. Documents Daily Hazard Analysis (DHA) using Company prescribed procedures and software.
- Evaluates and identifies all safety equipment needs for project work. Participates in daily and weekly meetings to ensure all necessary equipment is ordered, stocked and available for upcoming work.
- Assists in investigations and reporting regarding accidents, injuries or illnesses, fire, property damage and other safety related incidents to ensure timely and compliant resolutions. Recommends improvements based on performed trend analysis.
- Works closely with onsite work crews to provide first aid and emergency services to any onsite injury or incident. Ensures worksite injuries are accurately documented and offsite medical clinics attend to employee injury in an accurate and timely manner.
- Supports evaluation of subcontractors and subcontractor safety programs. Notifies management of any non-compliant safety procedures and participates in corrective action discussions to resolve in a timely manner.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Presents toolbox talk content to project site staff within the prescribed frequency, as determined by manager.
- Presents the progress of the project safety program to leadership, as directed.
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron’s company values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
What We Are Looking For
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Health & Safety or related field preferred.
- 3+ years construction or safety experience required.
- Able to identify onsite project safety risks and recommend mitigation within safety and project program requirements.
- Able to take on special tasks or projects with limited direction and oversight required.
- Strong multitasking and organization skills required.
- Able to take ownership for assigned tasks, as defined by supervisor.
- General knowledge of construction site equipment, methods and processes.
- Verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Growing knowledge to control or eliminate hazards following prescribed methods.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.