Teichert Construction holds California State Contractor’s License #8, the oldest active license in California. Teichert Construction is a general contractor that builds the infrastructure people use each day, including hundreds of thousands of mile of roads and freeways, commercial and industrial sitework, parks, airports, and more. One advantage that Teichert Construction brings our customers is a full line of construction services. These include mass grading, asphalt paving, concrete paving, curbs and sidewalks and underground pipelines. We stay on the cutting edge, from training our employees to outfitting our construction equipment with the latest technology for greater job efficiency.
- Working Safely: You will be responsible for identifying hazards, inspecting equipment and complying with PPE requirements. You will also be expected to pre-plan your work and proactively address unsafe conditions. The ideal candidate will eagerly communicate improvement ideas to the department manager
- Operating Equipment: You will be operating many types of heavy equipment, including: readymix concrete trucks, forklifts, front-end loaders, man-lifts, service trucks, sweepers, and water trucks. Previous experience operating these types of equipment is desired
- Repairing Equipment: You will be responsible for completing repairs on all the types of equipment mentioned above. All work will be done in accordance with regulatory requirements and be of the highest quality. Having safe and reliable equipment– that is available when needed– is a core pillar of our business.
- Fabricating: You will need to fabricate and repair equipment using an oxy/acetylene cutting torch and welder (arc, gas, MIG).
- Traveling to Plant Sites: You will be required to travel on occasion to various production facilities within the Reno/Sparks/Carson metro areas to perform repairs on site and primarily outdoors on a year-round basis. If you don’t like working outside this job is not for you!
- Communicating Clearly: You will be responsible for proactively communicating your needs, ideas, and the status of equipment to key operational personnel so they can make operational decisions
- Interface with Administration. Works with the Accounting department to ensure all American Ready Mix administrative procedures are followed and that all maintenance expenses are appropriately categorized by piece of equipment.
- Key Performance Indicators. Utilizes daily Key Performance Indicators to drive operational excellence in maintenance. Communicates issues impacting KPI performance to the appropriate members of other departments.
- Maintenance Certifications
- Driving Expertise (CDL)
- Concrete Expertise (ACI Certification)
- Ability to align, fit, weld, measure and inspect
- Team focused
- Good communication skills