Bagatelos Architectural Glass Systems, Inc.
Bagatelos Architectural Glass Systems, Inc. provides engineering, design, manufacturing, installation, and service for glass curtain wall construction with builders, contractors, and facility owners. They principally rely on experience, quality, and dedication to their clients vision to maintain vital relationships of cooperation to produce product satisfaction and product integrity.
We have a current opening for a Safety Manager for our Southern California division. The Safety Manager will be responsible for the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of occupational health and safety programs and procedures at various jobsites. The Safety Manager will report to the Safety Director.
Success in the position is achieved through the following duties & responsibilities:
- Perform field visits at jobsites; assess and monitor level of safe practices and safety culture, coach on safe practices and PPE
- Effective jobsite safety practices; create job specific safety plans with project foreman/superintendent, develop job specific emergency plans, develop, and maintain relationships with other company safety representatives for project(s)
- Ensure documentation and enforcement of safety policies; program reporting, documentation of JSA, JHA, Toolbox Talks, Safety Meetings, etc.,
- Provide any new and/or ongoing required safety related training; OSHA/Cal-Osha Updates, Title 8 Updates, State law, jobsite specific, etc.
- At least 5 years of construction safety experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with all construction groups; management, owners, trades, vendors, subs
- Ability to perform on-site safety responsibilities; managing/administering safety trainings, orientations, procedures, managing/investigating/reporting injuries, illnesses, near misses
- Ability to travel to various jobsite locations throughout Southern California
- Ability to partner with other remote teams successfully, effectively, and cohesively while at jobsites
- CHST or CSP preferred
- Ability to teach and certify OSHA 10/30
We are an EEO/AAP Employer: Veterans, women & minorities encouraged to apply.