Twining has been setting standards for over 100 years. They employ materials engineers and experts who have a true understanding of construction materials and their application in the field. They leverage this understanding to improve existing regulations and author new guidelines. By collaborating with regulatory agencies, their team members are able to bring about change that benefits both contractors and owners.
Twining, Inc., an innovative engineering, testing, and inspection Company with 100 years of history, is seeking an Assistant Safety Manager I to support our team working at Los Angeles World Airports. This individual will be responsible for project-wide safety initiatives including training, Cal/OSHA compliance, job hazard analysis, and the Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). The following is an overview of the position’s roles and responsibilities.
- Assume accountability for all safety related responsibilities including training, compliance, management and implementation of safety initiatives.
- Demonstrate ability to manage and implement effective safety training programs, work-site safety analyses, safety process improvements, and employee safe practices evaluations.
- Demonstrate ability to measure the project’s safety-related policies and practices to ensure Cal/OSHA compliance.
- Demonstrate ability to facilitate job specific safety training.
- Demonstrate ability to provide regularly scheduled job-site and facilities safety inspections.
- Complete regularly scheduled job hazard analysis and other safety reporting as required by airport personnel.
- 5 Years of vertical, tunnel or heavy civil construction experience.
- Candidate must possess active Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) credential.
- Solid background in construction Safety regulations.
- Previous experience providing safety management for a company within the construction industry.
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Maintain flexibility with respect to assigned tasks due to changing deadlines, deliverables and priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibits an advanced ability to analyze problems and develop alternative strategies to solve them.
- Proficiency in PC applications, including MS Office suite of products.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate a history of increasing levels of responsibility, and a minimum of 3 years facilitating company safety initiatives. Individuals who have managed and evaluated safety programs within the construction world are highly desirable.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k) Plan.
We are an Affirmative Action Participant and Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.