At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 120 year history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
We are looking for a Human Resources Coordinator to join our energetic and energizing Human Resources team in our Brea Office. This position will provide administrative support in areas such as benefits administration, employee onboarding, training and recruiting.
- Assists department in carrying out various human resource programs and procedures for all company employees.
- Helps monitor the performance appraisal process by tracking appraisal forms and filing them in employee personnel file.
- Participates in benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, supporting open enrollment, maintaining benefit system, and interfacing with insurance broker.
- Participates in recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel (excluding managerial levels and above); coordinate the use of temporary employees.
- Attends career fairs and information sessions at Universities and trade events.
- Processes staffing agency invoices (coding and approval).
- Conducts new-employee orientations; administers pre-employment tests; conducts reference checks, enters employees into HRIS.
- Conducts check-ins with employees through their onboarding process to ensure that they are having a positive and rewarding experience.
- Files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports and logs pertaining to applicant flow procedures, including the applicant tracking system.
- Assists in the exit interview process.
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts.
- Maintains training records and coordinates employee training company-wide.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database as needed.
- Maintains and updates all job descriptions company-wide and works with managers to ensure that employees receive clearly defined responsibilities in their roles.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Coordinates with IT department to maintain proper and timely issuance and collection of company equipment.
- Coordinates with equipment department to ensure correct vehicle issuance procedures are being maintained.
- Processes all employee information changes including direct deposit, personal information, address changes, 401(k) deductions, etc.
- Makes 401(k) deposits on a bi-weekly and monthly basis after payroll is processed.
- Assists in administering the employee timekeeping portal.
- Administers employee leave.
- Completes SDI (disability) verifications and investigates if qualified for protected leave.
- Posts employee updates, announcements, anniversaries, promotions and birthdays on employee sites including SharePoint and Employee Portal.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Practices discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Exhibit professional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Proficient Excel, Word, Outlook and Ten Key by touch.
- Ability to use critical thinking to resolve daily challenges and analyze data.
- Accurately succeeds under pressure and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships. Thrives on teamwork.
- Welcomes professional and personal development
- Human Resources Capacity
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ethical Conduct
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Effective communication
- Team player
- Critical thinking
- Time management/multitasking
- Detail oriented
- Stress management
In addition to offering a comprehensive benefits package for all employees — including a superior health benefits package — Griffith Company also offers generous performance-based compensation. As part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporation, Griffith Company employees have the opportunity to directly and financially benefit from the Company’s success. Other benefits include vacation time, sick days, paid holidays, and a 401K program. (Benefits are subject to eligibility requirements)