IMMEDIATE HIRE – Electrician Trainee

Royal Electric

Healdsburg, CA
  • At Royal Electric Company we provide expert electrical design, construction, and service with builders, contractors and facility owners who value relationships, trust, expertise, and a commitment to each other towards achieving exceptional results. We are able to sustain this through our linking values of expertise, collaboration, integrity, passion, and loyalty. These values support our core purpose; to build great relationships, one project at a time!


    Electrician Trainee Information:

    Based on business need and workload availability, on an ongoing basis, we accept applications for Electrician Trainees (ET).

    To be considered for our ET positions please read and follow the instructions below.

    In order to work as an ET at Royal Electric Company, you must be a licensed as one with the State of California. If you do not have your ET Certification, you will first need to register with the State of California as an Electrician Trainee and obtain a certification number.

    What is an electrician trainee?

    • Legislation passed in 1999 requiring all electricians who work for a C-10 electrical contractor to be certified by the State of California.
    • To work as an Electrician, a person must be one of the following: certified by having taken and passed the exam or an apprentice in a State approved program, or an ET.
    • If a person wants to perform electrical work for a C-10 contractor and does not yet qualify to take the certification exam because of lack of work experience or related instruction, can do so legally by registering as an electrician trainee.
    • An ET must be enrolled in a state approved school and under the supervision of a certified Electrician that supervises only one ET.

    How do I become an electrician trainee?

    • Submit an electrician trainee registration application with a check for $25 payable to the order of:
    • DIR – Electrician Certification Fund
    • Submit proof of enrollment in an approved school.
    • Mail to: Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) DLSE-Electrician Certification Unit P.O. Box 511286 Los Angeles, CA 90051-7841


Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.

Ready to take
the next step?

Sign up