At Royal Electric Company we provide expert electrical design, construction, and service with builders, contractors and facility owners who value relationships, trust, expertise, and a commitment to each other towards achieving exceptional results. We are able to sustain this through our linking values of expertise, collaboration, integrity, passion, and loyalty. These values support our core purpose; to build great relationships, one project at a time! We are currently accepting applications for Interns for our Northern and Southern California Locations for our Estimating, Project Management, and VDC (Virtual Design Construction) teams. There are several areas of the business the Intern will be exposed to at Royal; being provided with opportunities for hands on learning and invaluable experience that will serve them well in their careers.
Success in the position can be achieved through the following duties & responsibilities:
- Plan and preparing takeoffs
- Prime and sub-contractor outreach
- Review technical specifications and compare to plans to identify discrepancies
- Build bills of materials for vendor quotes
- Coordinate with lead estimator about bid progression to ensure take offs, quotes, and bill of materials are ready in a timely manner
- Assisting with coordinating crews and timelines
- Assisting with writing RFIs and submittals
- Daily reporting of project progress
- Travel to jobsites as needed
- Participate in safety meetings, i.e. Tailgate Talks, Stretch & Flex, etc.
- Create drawings from models
- Read, interpret, and understand project plans
- Assist in working with multiple trades to ensure design fits together
- Aid in project setup and load onto PlanGrid
- Human Resources
- Talent Development
- Currently enrolled in a higher-level education program for Construction Management, Engineering, or related field of study
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all areas of business, internal and external customers, etc.