Internship – Summer 2023
Royal Electric CompanySacramento, CA
At Royal Electric Company we provide expert electrical design, construction, and service with builders, contractors and facility owners who value relationships, trust, expertise, and a commitment to each other towards achieving exceptional results. We are able to sustain this through our linking values of expertise, collaboration, integrity, passion, and loyalty. These values support our core purpose; to build great relationships, one project at a time!
- Plan and preparing takeoffs
- Prime and sub-contractor outreach
- Review technical specifications and compare to plans to identify discrepancies
- Build bills of materials for vendor quotes
- Coordinate with lead estimator about bid progression to ensure take offs, quotes, and bill of materials are ready in a timely manner
- Assisting with coordinating crews and timelines
- Assisting with writing RFIs and submittals
- Daily reporting of project progress
- Travel to jobsites as needed
- Participate in safety meetings, i.e. Tailgate Talks, Stretch & Flex, etc.
- Create drawings from models
- Read, interpret, and understand project plans
- Assist in working with multiple trades to ensure design fits together
- Aid in project setup and load onto PlanGrid
- Human Resources
- Talent Development
- Currently enrolled in a higher-level education program for Construction Management, Engineering, or related field of study
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all areas of business, internal and external customers, etc.
Internships will look different based on a candidate’s direction, goals, and schooling.
Each role description is subject to change and may include other duties as they are assigned.
- $15.50/hour – $22.00/hour
Royal is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Royal are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We utilize E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security. E-Verify Link: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Royal Electric is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
We promote a drug free workplace.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.