Myers & Sons
Myers & Sons Construction (Myers) is a heavy civil construction company based in California that still believes in a hard honest day’s work. Led by the iconic C.C. Myers, the firm specializes on delivering high quality, safe, complex, multi-partner projects requiring innovation, partnering, transparency and a focus towards on-time and on-budget project delivery. Our team has a proven track record of “delivering on the impossible.”
Myers & Sons Construction is a Heavy Civil Construction Company. Myers and Sons specializes in, Water/Wastewater Plant Construction and Heavy Highway Construction, including Alternative Delivery Projects, such Design Build, Progressive Design Build, CMGC and CMAR throughout California, Colorado and the United States.
This is the entry level position for a Junior Estimator that works under close supervision, performing the routine aspects of estimating assignments requiring knowledge of basic principles of estimating. This position will work closely with Project Owners, Vendors, Subcontractors, Project Managers, Accounting and Senior/Chief Estimators.
- Print and review proposal specifications and drawings and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Calculating various statistical data such as quantity take-offs, subcontractor call logs, and material price lists.
- Enter subcontractor and material quotes on bid day and/or be available to bid run.
- Participate in developing bid package estimate documents.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Education And/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering (or related field), or equivalent combination of technical training, on the job training and related experience.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
License and Certification(s)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Willing to Learn Viewpoint Construction Software and HCSS Heavy Bid
- Bluebeam, Planswift, Drafting a plus