HENSEL PHELPSTorrance, CA
At Hensel Phelps, construction is our business. With world-class leadership and a well-honed approach developed over more than three-quarters of a century, we employ expertise, experience, and ingenuity to build landmark properties – and build lasting relationships with our clients. We approach every project “The Hensel Phelps Way,” inspiring trust and delivering excellence in all we do. Our comprehensive construction services – from preconstruction through constructability and field management – deliver superior results on time and on budget. Hensel Phelps’ Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) technology enhances our ability to deliver projects faster, more cost-effectively, and with a greater level of quality. The Hensel Phelps Way is built on four pillars: People, Process, Partnership, and Technology.
- Preparation of areas for the placement of concrete involves the final excavation of dirt and rock and fine grading for floor slabs. This work involves shoveling for extended periods of time.
- Assembly of concrete forms, laborers are required to lift form prefabricated metal form panels and assist in their placement.
- Handle the concrete bucket suspended from a crane that transfers the concrete from the concrete truck to the placement area. After the concrete is poured from the bucket, laborers muck the concrete in slabs to spread it evenly.
- After the concrete has cured, the laborers assist in stripping the concrete forms and transporting them for storage.
- Assist concrete finishers in moving power trowels and power screeds used to finish the concrete surface.
- Support of block masons installing masonry work by handling and transporting bags of cement, lime, sand, and grout. This includes stocking blocks and bricks.
- Assist carpenters in handling and setting door frames. This entails transporting the door frames from the storage area to the work areas and stacking the door frames where needed.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools. Distribute site materials to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications. Responsible for ensuring that all materials are properly distributed, and the site is swept and well maintained.
- Promote a safe work environment and communicate jobsite hazards. This includes helping to secure the jobsite at the end of business each day and verifying that all site materials are properly stored.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Follow safe work practices in accordance with the Hensel Phelps safety and health program.
- Must be able to take initiative and ask questions.
- Possess a keen attention to detail and be able to follow instructions.
- Workers must provide their own safety footwear.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers and stakeholders.
- Strong mathematical reasoning and quantitative skills.
- Must be reliable and punctual. This includes having reliable transportation and consistent work attendance.
- Experienced in construction layout, blueprint reading, and shop drawing reading
- OSHA 10 Certification
- CPR & First Aid Certification
Employment Offers Are Contingent Upon Successful Completion Of
- Verification of Work Authorization and Employment Eligibility
- Substance Abuse Screening
- Physical Exam
- Background Checks for Badging/Security Clearances (if applicable)
- Must Be In Good Standing with the Local Laborers Union
Compensation Range (Southern California Only)
$19.99 – $40.33 per hour
Equal Opportunity And Affirmative Action EmployerHensel Phelps is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Hensel Phelps shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, domestic partner status, pregnancy, disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.