Founded in 1970, commercial general contractor Blach Construction is recognized across the construction industry and general business community for its projects, innovation, employee engagement and community service. Quality and safety are at Blach’s core. As a result, the firm is continually ranked as a “Top Contractor in California” by Engineering News-Record, has received multiple “Construction Safety Excellence Awards” from the Associated General Contractors of California, and as a testament to its company culture, Blach has been recognized repeatedly since 2009 as a “Best Place to Work” in the Bay Area by the Silicon Valley Business Journal/San Francisco Business Times. Blach Construction is a financially stable, award-winning, mid-sized general building contractor and construction manager headquartered in San Jose with operations throughout the greater Bay Area, Southern California, and the Central Coast Region.
Blach offers an outstanding benefits package, which you can read about on the company website, as well as an extensive training and development program for all employees through our own Blach University. The management of the company is dedicated to maintaining a stimulating and exciting work environment where teamwork and excellence are encouraged and supported. For more information, check out the company’s website at www.blach.com.
- Business Development Resources
- Collaborate with BD Director, Operations, Preconstruction and Proposal Teams to identify, design and create necessary assets and/or templates for inclusion in qualifications and proposal packages, interview support materials, project sheets, employee resumes, brochures, slicks and all other materials that support the business development cycle
- Secure relevant imagery, design and populate various proposal and collateral templates; publish and print accordingly and as necessary
- Refresh established resumes, project sheets and other materials with updated creative assets on an ongoing basis
- Creative Services
- Work with Marketing team to provide creative services for a variety of print and digital marketing materials, including advertising, social tiles, website assets, case studies and other necessary marketing collateral
- Cross-collaborate with other departments and partners to design and deliver presentations and brochures that support a wide variety of initiatives, from internally-focused All Staff meetings to benefits & safety to co-branded partner/business development decks
- Serve as creative ambassador and coach for colleagues, offering guidance when requested/required
- Visual Assets & Graphics
- Assist BDM Team in identifying/sourcing necessary photography and assets, acting as in-house photographer, as needed, taking new hire headshots and other images that showcase our culture, capabilities and project portfolio
- Design on-brand elements and graphics that will be used within all Blach branded and co-branded materials
- Brand Management
- Serve as Brand Steward, ensuring creative and overall brand guidelines, including voice, are upheld throughout the organization
- Enjoy juggling a wide variety of deadline-driven creative projects
- Business Development Resources
- Excellent graphic design, communication and photography skills are required
- Creative writing skills are desirable
- Flexible, self-starter who can prioritize a diverse workload, juggle multiple deadlines effectively
- Team player who also enjoys working independently
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other design software is necessary
- Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree; 3-7 years of relevant marketing, design or agency experience is preferred; AEC experience is a bonus
Blach Construction offers an outstanding compensation package, including a highly competitive base salary, an initial three weeks of paid vacation (growing to four weeks after five years of service), holidays, and sick leave. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) plan with company match, profit-sharing, long-term disability insurance, cash bonuses based upon performance, professional development and education assistance, paid parental leave, credit union membership, adoption assistance, infertility treatment assistance, student loan pay-down program, health club/gym subsidy, professional affiliations and many other benefits. The company practices a progressive management style that truly values and appreciates high-quality team members.