Mechanic – Heavy Equipment & Fleet
Royal Electric CompanyLong Beach, CA
- $16.83 - $41.25
At Royal Electric Company we provide expert electrical design, construction, and service with builders, contractors and facility owners who value relationships, trust, expertise, and a commitment to each other towards achieving exceptional results. We are able to sustain this through our linking values of expertise, collaboration, integrity, passion, and loyalty. These values support our core purpose; to build great relationships, one project at a time!
Success in the position is achieved through the following duties & responsibilities:
- Utilizes mechanical expertise to reduce downtime of company equipment
- Complete scheduled preventative maintenance service on equipment and fleet vehicles
- Diagnose malfunctioning equipment, repair, and rebuild as required
- Operates vehicles and equipment of varying sizes and types to ensure proper working order
- Maintenance of a clean and organized shop and workspace aligning with a safe and functioning work area
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience as a mechanic working on construction equipment and trucks
- Automotive electrical experience, hydraulic experience, etc.
- Fabrication skills; welding, cutting, grinding, etc.
- Must have valid Class C driver’s license with clean DMV
- Ability travel throughout the State is a requirement for the job
- Ability to be badged at various airports
- Experience and skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and services of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles
- Commercial License (A/B), preferred
- Experience with welding, preferred
- Experience working in an equipment rental environment, preferred
- $16.83/hour – $41.25/hour
We offer competitive wages plus benefits and 401(k).
Royal is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Royal are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We utilize E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security. E-Verify Link: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
We promote a drug free workplace.
NOTICE: Consumer Privacy Protection Act
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.