Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934 owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process, piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility, or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant…ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs.
General Job Description
This position is responsible for the delivery of engineering services, from conceptual design through construction completion of HVAC, Plumbing, and other contract services offered by ACCO Engineered Systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with engineering design project planning (i.e., conceptual design through construction drawing development)
- Complete code – required energy compliance and LEED documentation
- Conduct engineering calculations, energy analysis, economic analysis, selection and layout of equipment, and duct & piping system design for HVAC, Plumbing, and other building systems for which ACCO offers expertise
- Understanding of applications engineering including psychrometrics, refrigeration, acoustics, and controls systems
- Assist with coordination of design and installation with Project Management, Construction and Service departments, Controls, and other trade partners.
- Field engineering: assist with project execution, site surveys, trade coordination, scheduling, document management and problem solving
- Computer 2D and 3D modeling of HVAC or plumbing systems utilizing the latest modeling software
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues and project team members
- Manage time to meet project schedules and task deadlines
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management
- Prior intern experience with mechanical contractor and/or engineering consultant preferred, but not required
- EIT Certificate highly desirable, but not required
- Excellent understanding of Engineering fundamentals
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Revit, or similar drafting software preferred