Gilbane Building Company provides global integrated construction and facility management services. A family-owned organization with 150 years of experience and counting, our clients entrust us to deliver safe, quality projects that stand the test of time. Headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, the company has more than 50 offices at home in the United States and abroad in Japan, Afghanistan, Ireland, and the UAE. We are steadfast advocates for our clients, our employees, and the communities in which we work. Through community involvement, sustainable business practices, and unwavering integrity, we are always striving to be better and to do better.
The MEP Coordinator supports the Sr. MEP Coordinator to ensure that company policy and procedures are followed in the field in regard to safety, scheduling, budget, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate and communicate the schedule and work plan to the MEP trades
- Coordinate field testing and inspections with local jurisdictions
- Track and update MEP activities within the project schedule
- Assist in determining the MEP subcontracting strategy for the project
- Review scopes of work for accuracy and participate in MEP scope review meetings
- Participate in the BIM MEP coordination process
- Track control system progress and recommend resource adjustments as required to maintain schedule
- Communicate Effectively – Listen to understand and clearly convey information in all forms based on the audience to ensure shared meaning of the message.
- Act Inclusively – Ensure that actions and behaviors are respectful; show empathy and treat others with dignity. Leverage capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse perspectives, abilities and motivation.
- Solve Problems – Identify, prioritize and implement alternatives for a solution.
- Demonstrate Agility/ Adaptability – Maintain effectiveness and adjust to change by exploring the rationale, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Create an atmosphere of open-mindedness to change.
- Drive for Results – Show passion and commitment while delivering on business outcomes. Create a sense of individual ownership and accountability.
- Champion Innovation – Identify opportunities for new and improved ways of doing things that result in value added, unique and differentiated solutions.
- BS OR MS degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
- 2+ years related field experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to collaborate on a daily basis with the project team
- Able to demonstrate both engineering and field supervision capabilities
- Must be MEP construction-document and drawing literate, with knowledge of all phases of construction
- OSHA 30 hour certified