Teichert Construction holds California State Contractor’s License #8, the oldest active license in California. Teichert Construction is a general contractor that builds the infrastructure people use each day, including hundreds of thousands of mile of roads and freeways, commercial and industrial sitework, parks, airports, and more.
The Laborer position is a multi-skilled position responsible for the cleaning and utility operations at the Western Aggregates plant site.
- Participate in and complete any and all safety processes or procedures as required by the company or outside regulatory agencies
- Perform inspections & checklists on work areas
- Clean up and housekeeping duties as assigned
- Operate various small to mid-sized mobile equipment (skid steer, backhoe, water truck, man lift etc.)
- Fill in vacancies within different areas of the plant
- Maintain documentation, plan and organize work, participate in various team activities
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 1-3 years – Preferred but not required
- Laborers will be required to work outside, at heights, warm temperatures, in dusty environments and confined spaces.
- Position may include changing schedules or rotating shift as necessary.
- Ideal candidates would have a high mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and excellent mechanical knowledge, ability to weld and experience working in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- General Laboring (carrying, lifting parts and tools, cleaning)
- Experience using hand tools (Drills, pneumatic powered tools, hammers, wrenches, etc.)
- Ability to read measuring tools
- Good communication skills/someone who can work in a team environment
- Must follow all safety, environmental and compliance policies.