Royal ElectricSacramento, CA
At Royal Electric Company we provide expert electrical design, construction, and service with builders, contractors and facility owners who value relationships, trust, expertise, and a commitment to each other towards achieving exceptional results. We are able to sustain this through our linking values of expertise, collaboration, integrity, passion, and loyalty. These values support our core purpose; to build great relationships, one project at a time!
Success in the position is achieved through the following duties & responsibilities:
- Oversee all employees within the purchasing department including hiring and performance management
- Build and maintain relationships with Project Teams that ensure open communication.
- Negotiate with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
- Develop new supply sources and ensure vendor relationships are maintained in good standing.
- Anticipate opportunities and challenges in the supply chain of our goods and services.
- Negotiate blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitor costs during the time period.
- Establish purchasing policies and procedures that ensure compliance, while maintaining a program to verify this outcome.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining supplier sourcing guidelines, strategies, and processes.
- Responsible for managing Supplier/Vendor Scorecard documentation and evaluation process, as well as eliminating supplier/vendor services that are deemed inadequate.
- Research and implement best technology for applications used for job functions.
- Comply with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent work experience.
- 8 to 10 years of purchasing experience preferably in the construction and/or electrical industry.
Required Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of electrical construction products and terminology.
- Proven ability to negotiate prices while maintaining vendor relationships.
- Ability to successfully lead and develop team
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Spectrum software a plus.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.