At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 120 year history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
The Project Accountant Assistant’s primary responsibility is to assist the Project Accountants and Job Cost Manager in monitoring job profitability for their respective Region and will also be responsible for the daily processing of invoices.
- Work with subcontractors to facilitate compliance and process subcontractor payments.
- Gather supporting documents for completing Time and Materials billing.
- Issuance and tracking of subcontractor change orders
- Provide liaison support between subcontractors, project accountants, and project managers/project engineers.
- Post daily cost accruals.
- Assist project managers with the processing of contract billings.
- Assist with administrative support, various projects, backup reception support etc.
- Assist with collection efforts to minimize past due AR balances.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in accounting.
- Experience with processing subcontractor payments is preferred.
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent communication and written skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook applications.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to perform analysis of spreadsheets relating to accounts receivable entry, accounts payable entry and general accounting, calculate figures and amounts including unit of measure issues, discounts and tax.
- Effective communication
- Critical thinking
- Team player
- Time management/multitasking
- Detail oriented
- Service oriented
- Analytical thinking
In addition to offering a comprehensive benefits package for all employees — including a superior health benefits package — Griffith Company also offers generous performance-based compensation. As part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporation, Griffith Company employees have the opportunity to directly and financially benefit from the Company’s success. Other benefits include vacation time, sick days, paid holidays, and a 401K program. (Benefits are subject to eligibility requirements)