At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 120 year history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer who is driven, enthusiastic and who wants to establish him or herself with a stable and growing company. This position offers technical information to the Project Manager to ensure work complies with applicable codes, drawings and specifications. The Project Engineer may coordinate change orders, expedite material and job site equipment, assist in the preparation of estimates, and compile data to assist in analyzing project progress.
- Perform project start up duties.
- Coordinate and supervise subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Maintain document and project controls including preparation of:
- Daily reports
- Cost codings
- Time and material requests
- Progress payment requests
- Provide technical support in construction planning, quality control, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, and constructability reviews to ensure successful job completion.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance.
- Review and monitor accounts payable, subcontracts and time sheets.
- Facilitate job site meetings.
- Track Project Labor Costs and Equipment.
- Assemble project schedules.
- Perform job closeout duties.
- Update daily diary.
- Perform independent analysis of change orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others is essential
- Excellent writing, presentation, and computer skills.
- First Aid Trained
- CPR/AED Trained
- OSHA 10 Trained
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Certified QSP for SWPPP
- Proficiency in reading Standard Plans and Specs
- Proficiency in Reading P6 Schedules
- Proficiency in Blue Beam, Sketch Up and Build2Win
- Must be proficient in material takeoffs
- Thoroughly understand document controls
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Other requirements may apply
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Highly Organized
- Problem Solving
- Results Driven
- Process Oriented
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal & Written)
In addition to offering a comprehensive benefits package for all employees — including a superior health benefits package — Griffith Company also offers generous performance-based compensation. As part of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Corporation, Griffith Company employees have the opportunity to directly and financially benefit from the Company’s success. Other benefits include vacation time, sick days, paid holidays, and a 401K program. (Benefits are subject to eligibility requirements)