S+B James Construction
Founded in 1977, S+B James Construction has been setting the standard for excellence in healthcare, education, life sciences, commercial, retail, industrial, and public works construction in Southern Oregon and Northern California.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer for our Sacramento office who is highly motivated and passionate about what they do. The Project Engineer will work closely with all members of the project team.
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in the implementation of SBJ policies and execution of the project.
- Preparation, monitoring, and updating project schedules. Working with the project team to reduce project constraints’ impact on the schedule.
- Preparation, maintenance, and implementation of various document control entities such as daily reports, material procurement logs, submittal logs, as-builds, testing and inspection logs, RFI logs, and change order logs.
- Distribution of new drawings, changes, approved submittals, RFI responses, and other project information to all affected parties.
- Preparing agendas, documents, meeting minutes, and actions for various meetings including but not limited to owner/architect/contractor meetings, subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Participating in project cost control
- Supports a culture of creativity and accountability in the business unit – solve problems in new ways while keeping organizational commitments.
- Actively promote SBJ’s safety culture and practices. Provide insight and supervision for the development and maintenance of construction safety policies, procedures, and practices.
What We’re Looking For:
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, project management software (Prolog or similar), and scheduling software.
- 2+ years of experience as a project engineer.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as plans and specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
- Self-starter with strong organizational, file management, and time management skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a team-based environment
- Ability to problem solve and develop outcomes with multiple stakeholders