The Project Engineer I assists the project team in obtaining, evaluating, coordinating and distributing the information and authorizations necessary to construct the project on time, within budget and to the quality specified. In the performance of this function the Project Engineer I is responsible for protecting and promoting the interests of both the business and client in all matters as well as demonstrating the personal characteristics of a developing leader.
- Ensure Contract Document Logs are maintained and updated as needed
- Accurately process and distribute submittals and RFI’s
- Participate in and write notes, instructions or minutes from meetings that clearly communicate discussion agreements, decisions, and action
- Proactively seek to understand customer goals and needs and consistently look for ways to support them
- Ensure planned deadlines are met
- Develop industry relationships and expand professional networks that have potential to generate opportunities for Gilbane
- Communicate Effectively – Listen to understand and clearly convey information in all forms based on the audience to ensure shared meaning of the message.
- Act Inclusively – Ensure that actions and behaviors are respectful; show empathy and treat others with dignity. Leverage capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse perspectives, abilities and motivation.
- Solve Problems – Identify, prioritize and implement alternatives for a solution.
- Demonstrate Agility/ Adaptability – Maintain effectiveness and adjust to change by exploring the rationale, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Create an atmosphere of open-mindedness to change.
- Drive for Results – Show passion and commitment while delivering on business outcomes. Create a sense of individual ownership and accountability.
- Champion Innovation – Identify opportunities for new and improved ways of doing things that result in value added, unique and differentiated solutions.
- BS OR MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 1-2 Years plus Internship with CM / General Contractor Organization
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
BENEFITSGilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.