ACCO Engineered Systems
ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Project Manager with take-off, estimating, change directive pricing, job cost forecasting, billings, close-out documentation, prospecting, and new bid support.
- Assist Project Manager in writing proposals, letters, memos, subcontracts, change orders and other documents related to the project execution.
- Assist Project Manager with managing internal department relationships (i.e. accounting, purchasing, engineering, construction, fabrication shops, legal, etc.).
- Survey existing buildings (for retrofits), identify opportunities for improvement, and gather necessary data regarding energy use, building functions, utility capacity, and structural characteristics.
- Complete preliminary designs for comprehensive budget/price development.
- Utilize ACCO standard Engineering technologies, provide technical support for the construction effort including participating in the planning and design; interpretation of the design; value engineering and alternate solution reviews, etc.
- Collaborates with Purchasing Department regarding scope, specification, price, submittals, and delivery for purchased items.
- Coordinate installation procedures among Engineering, Construction, and other stakeholders.
- Manage job progress onsite as required, including leveraging your design expertise in a hands-on capacity to solve emergent operational and installation challenges.
- Oversee and/or process daily administrative items (i.e., Document Control, RFIs, Dailies, POs, MOPs, submittals, procurement logs, etc.) per the Project Manager’s direction.
- Coordinate project personnel activities to ensure the project progresses on schedule and on budget. Plan the work, track labor, track material and deliveries, project cost at completion.
- Escalate potential problems and assist the Sr. Project Manager in driving the solutions to their complete resolution.
- Maintain, develop and grow viable relationships with customers, prime contractors, trade partners, subcontractors, suppliers, and trade personnel by:
- Attending job kick-off, job progress, foreman, and OAC meetings.
- Interface with installers, suppliers, and subcontractors to provide information, direction, and detailed instructions.
- Managing subcontractors to meet our expectations of the project.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor and/or upper management
- BS in Engineering; Construction Management, or related field. Concentration in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, or
- 3-5 years of industry experience or a combination of experience and education
- High sense of integrity, business ethics & professionalism
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Proficiency and proven success in interpersonal relationship-building skills and positive customer service interactions.
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills, including the ability to listen and follow directions.
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project, Prolog, BidTracer, Comp Estimate sheet, FastDuct, FastPipe, and Box
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit and stand; use hands and fingers to operate a computer, tablet, keyboard, and/or telephone; grasp, handle and/or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Walk and stand; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of assisting with project job walks and site inspections).
- Lift, push, pull, carry, and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- Maintain regular and routine attendance.