Teichert Construction holds California State Contractor’s License #8, the oldest active license in California. Teichert Construction is a general contractor that builds the infrastructure people use each day, including hundreds of thousands of mile of roads and freeways, commercial and industrial sitework, parks, airports, and more.
Purpose: The purpose of this role is to ensure the completion of one or more field projects in accordance with design, specifications, budget, and schedule. This role has responsibility for establishing administrative and technical direction, and providing oversight management of assigned field projects. This role works to develop and maintain positive customer relationships in an effort to develop new business opportunities, and for maintaining safe and profitable construction projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively supports the achievement of construction goals and objectives. Stays abreast of evolving industry trends and best practices, including new techniques and equipment. Ensures team stays focused on long-range priorities and uses customer feedback to make improvements to day-to-day processes and procedures.
- Collaborates across area offices and builds consistency in construction and safety practices and procedures on all project efforts. Ensures policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to as well as protect the company’s interests.
- Prepares the workforce for changing business needs. Maximizes performance and motivation of workforce through modeling innovative and effective management techniques.
- Promotes and protects Teichert’s values including diversity, teamwork, fair work environment, and respect of others. Maintains a “team” spirit within the business unit. Works and cooperates with other disciplines (across company lines) to maximize use of resources.
- Promotes and protects the community perception of Teichert.
Role Qualifications & Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, (or related field) or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience.
Experience & Industry Expertise
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in construction industry or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience.
- Minimum three to five years of experience supervising others.
Specific Job Requirements
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug, alcohol, and background investigation
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current on all company required safety training
- Ability to preserve confidential and proprietary information and successfully avoid conflicts-of-interest
- Good working knowledge of project management and/or estimating software, specifically P6, HCSS, Plangrid
- Strong knowledge of collective bargaining agreements, personnel issues and EEO
- Thorough knowledge of construction contracts/law
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, technology, equipment methods, cost control, schedules, etc. and their impact on project activities
- Thorough knowledge of company’s Standard Operating Policies and Procedures
- Occasional overnight travel
Position Description Cont.
- Relationship Management
- Business Acumen
- Organization and Management
- People Management
- People Development
- Technology: Microsoft Office, project management, and/or estimating software
- Technical competence in construction