At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry. We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. PCL is a dynamic organization that embraces innovation and continually looks ahead to what’s next for our industry and for our employees. Here's how a Project Manager for our California Buildings district with offices located in Los Angeles, Irvine, and San Diego area contributes to our team
- Responsible for a project valued at up to $50M or acts as area project manager on a project with a combined scope greater than $50M.
- Maintains excellent relationships with owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors, and public
- Develops and implements the project safety plan and leads by example for health and safety practices and procedures.
- Ensures the project is constructed as per design, budget, resources, quality, and schedule.
- Develops and monitors the project schedule and budget
- Understands client drivers and offers value engineering proposals for functionality, cost, and schedule benefit.
- Manages project performance and providing performance status reports for safety, cost forecast, and schedule.
- Negotiates and issues subcontracts, major purchase orders and progress payments and monitors their progress and schedule.
- Understands, communicates, and enforces the contract and contract documents.
- Develops and coordinates overall project closeout.
- Identifies and manages risk and opportunities on construction projects.
- Ensures project profitability
- Experience with Commercial Construction, especially in Education (DSA and/or K-12) and where delivered on a design build basis
- 8–10 years of progressive construction experience with leadership and mentoring preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry including building materials, construction specifications, methods and procedures, construction law and building codes, and safety and quality management practices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, project management and scheduling software, with a strong aptitude for adopting new technology.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills including the ability to manage project budgets and schedules.
- A Bachelor ‘ s degree in Construction Management. Construction Science, Construction Engineering, Architectural Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.