Project Manager – Drywall & Framing
- $115,000/yr - $140,000/yr
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is America's premier, 100% employee owned commercial construction company. With offices nationwide, we specialize in a wide range of project types that are as diverse and wide-ranging as the communities in which we build. Our innovative teams collaborate with clients and industry partners starting in the earliest stages of design, throughout construction and beyond project completion. McCarthy’s reputation for tackling the toughest building challenges starts with our focus on developing high-performing individuals and teams. We do this through our award winning training programs, a best in class Total Rewards program, and a focus on equipping diverse teams of employee owners through a connected and inclusive culture aligned with our values of: Genuine. We, Not I. All In.
McCarthy has a great opportunity for a Project Manager with drywall and framing experience. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that maps and achieves the growth and success of our self-perform drywall & framing activities. This individual will engage in the bid/estimating process along with the outreach and negotiations amongst subcontractors/suppliers. Create and manage project performance and budgets. Champion our safety culture. Foster a competitive and creative environment for personal and a team growth.
- Perform quantity take-offs.
- Assists in the pricing of construction projects.
- Communicates with architects and consultants to clarify scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements, and documents these clarifications.
- Conducts reviews of milestone documents for the development and pricing of value alternative opportunities.
- Co-develop post bid budgets/SOV.
- Field change pricing if needed.
- Directs, coordinates and provides information and documents to subcontractors.
- Prepares contractual exhibits for scope of work and subcontracts.
- Builds relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Attends industry events and represents McCarthy to the industry in a professional capacity.
- Keeps current with latest estimating technology and techniques.
- Implement all applicable Safety Programs and EEO/Affirmative Action Programs.
- Manage staff members on multiple job sites, ensuring proper oversight and development of multiple levels of staff
- Review/approve project team on-site setup, including facilities layout, selection of forming systems and equipment
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the McCarthy/Owner contract and oversee the entire field operation to achieve contract compliance
- Assist project staff in development of construction schedule and monitor schedule performance, looking for ways to improve/expedite
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable of projected costs, contingent liabilities and contingent savings/increased profits
- Oversee quality management program to achieve contract compliance and a quality project
- Assist Project leads in the project close out process.
- Minimum of 2 years or greater of drywall preconstruction and drywall construction experience in large commercial, education, and/or healthcare markets.
- General knowledge of construction principles, codes, and processes.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- General knowledge of negotiated bids, hard bids, and GMP processes.
- Working knowledge of estimating technology, tools, and software.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with McCarthy core values.
- Maintains a “value added” approach to estimating
- The salary range for this position is: $115,000 – $140,000. This does not include possible bonus and other benefits which can impact total compensation. Compensation offered may vary based on work location, experience, qualifications, specialty, training, and market and business considerations, among other factors.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.