What is Flatiron? We’re more than a construction company. We are an organization of some 3,500 people with diverse backgrounds and varied expertise who share a singular focus on enhancing the well-being of people and communities. We bring together industry-leading engineers, highly skilled craft workers and other professionals to deliver innovative solutions to infrastructure challenges across the U.S. and Canada. Flatiron builds highways, bridges, airports, rail transit, dams, water facilities and underground projects that fuel local economies, improve safety and enhance efficiency. Flatiron engineers harness the art and science of structural design to create solutions that are as beautiful as they are functional. Our craft employees and on-site leaders bring vital experience to each project to turn vision into reality. And our project leaders collaborate with project owners to deliver solutions that meet challenging criteria—safely—while at the same time mitigating risk for all those involved.
As Proposal Coordinator, you will coordinate the creation and collection of Company proposal documents to ensure all required information is included for a project bid. This is an exciting opportunity to support a dynamic and growing department while being involveded in diverse infrastructure projects.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collects pursuit content and data and begins early draft development of assigned sections and market specific forms.
- Collects, tracks and updates database with information for project pursuits.
- Supports and coordinates the development of proposal production plans.
- Coordinates and saves updated proposal content to support proposal efforts.
- Coordinates assigned Division Award Efforts.
- Support qualification and pre-qualification needs and information from other divisions, as assigned including basic company information, resumes or project information.
- Coordinates and tracks the collection of forms, information, and data required for each pursuit, at the direction of the Proposal Manager.
- Assembles proposal documents in various software formats to ensure all proposal criteria is included prior to submittal deadline. Reviews and edits proposal writings to support one-voice methodology, under manager supervision.
- Ensures that the proposal material produced is consistent with the requirements of the bid and of the potential client.
- Complies technical writing and support documentation based on interviews, summary points and examples provided by estimators, engineers, subject matter experts and direct manager.
- Proofreads, edits, and standardizes proposal text for proper grammar, spelling, comprehension, and style. Provides input on layout, design and document feel to ensure a marketing quality product.
- Sends internal communication of bid results to assigned stakeholders and intercompany personnel.
- Tracks pursuit efforts in Company approved software and shared network drives. Updates project sheets and master data databases as assigned by manager.
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron’s company values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Marketing, Communications or a related field required.
- Experience in data collection, writing skills and construction engineering industry preferred.
- Ability to tailor resumes and project descriptions to project-specific opportunities.
- 2+ years of related industry experience required.
- Able to tailor resumes to project specific opportunities.
- Ability to write and edit project summaries, resumes of project personnel, and other supporting information.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
- High attention to detail required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment required.
- Strong time management and task prioritization skills required to ensure timely submittal of project bids required.
- Some knowledge or skill in graphic design.
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Acrobat Professional , Photoshop and InDesign; Deltek Vantagepoint preferred.
- Able to travel for pursuit meetings and District proposal support.
- Maintains registration in relevant organizations / associations (for example, Road Builders Association).