Proposal Coordinator Internship
Granite ConstructionCarlsbad, CA
From infrastructure that facilitates the movement of goods and people to projects that improve the way we live, work, and play, high-value partnerships power our projects and fuel our mission to build a better world together. Granite is one of the largest full-service general contractors, construction management firms, and construction materials producers in the U.S. Deeply embedded in our nearly 100-year history is a culture of hard work, honesty and getting the job done right.
The Proposal Coordinator Intern will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of proposals (RFQ, SOQ, Technical Proposals, Awards, etc) in cooperation with the Proposal Team and Operating Units.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Assist the individual responsible for the overall preparation of the proposal as assigned in accordance with Granite’s proposal process and systems to ensure that the resulting submission is complete and presents Granite in the best manner possible. Provide administrative support as requested to facilitate the overall proposal group’s operations
- Assist in the maintenance of proposal databases under the direction of others to ensure data is accurate, up to date and available on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for both internal and external presentations as requested Assist in preparation of marketing materials as requested. Assist in the ongoing administrative duties of the proposal department as requested
- Currently Pursuing or recent graduate with Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Similar Field preferred
- Prior experience in construction or engineering proposal preparation desirable
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Technical writing skills
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Highly organized
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Works well independently or in a team environment
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in an unfamiliar environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some Travel required.
- Must be able to work efficiently in both a team-based environment or independently, depending on the project.
- Must be flexible to changing needs and assignments and able to adjust to last-minute requests to ensure responsiveness to needs of proposal.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your resume. We’d love to meet with you.