Teichert Construction holds California State Contractor’s License #8, the oldest active license in California. Teichert Construction is a general contractor that builds the infrastructure people use each day, including hundreds of thousands of mile of roads and freeways, commercial and industrial sitework, parks, airports, and more. One advantage that Teichert Construction brings our customers is a full line of construction services. These include mass grading, asphalt paving, concrete paving, curbs and sidewalks and underground pipelines. We stay on the cutting edge, from training our employees to outfitting our construction equipment with the latest technology for greater job efficiency. Teichert Materials is one of the largest construction materials producers in the county. This includes; Teichert Aggregates, a rock, sand, gravel and asphaltic concrete producer. Teichert Materials makes the materials to build homes, schools, offices, roads, levees and other community projects.
This entry-level position is responsible for conducting routine Quality Assurance (QA) testing and inspections to determine specification compliance of aggregate and aggregate based products. This position can be responsible for either rock plant or geology materials technician duties.
Essential Job Functions And Basic Duties
- Conducts various aggregate and aggregate based material quality tests using various sample testing procedures.
- Organizes testing results and prepares reporting information from test results for appropriate Teichert Aggregates’ personnel.
- Obtains samples from production facilities.
- Maintains regular communications with plant personnel and/or supervisor to report material acceptability and test results.
- Organizes and cleans the QA lab.
- Communicates with inspectors regarding transferring of samples.
- Delivers samples to locations as directed.
- Monitors and assists the work of summer interns.
- Promotes a Zero Injury culture through personal adherence to all company safety policies and practices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other similar or additional duties are performed as assigned.
A High School diploma or G.E.D. or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- A minimum of zero to two (2) years of work experience. Experience need not be industry related.
- Mathematical aptitude and ability to learn computer aided test data analysis programs.
- Must possess basic computer software skills including Word, Excel and Outlook. Must be willing to learn and become proficient in aggregate testing and related technology.
- Must possess mechanical ability to maintain and repair plant equipment related to QA testing and processing.
- Must be able to exercise judgment where appropriate and within established guidelines.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work on a team and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers, staff and management.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to speak and understand English to a proficient and understandable level.
- Must possess a valid California Driver License and must maintain an acceptable driving record.
- A successful candidate will obtain Caltrans JTCP Certification HMA I within six months of employment
- A successful candidate will possess a valid HMA I certification